Sun, Dec 13|
Peru's National Dish & Classic Cocktail: Causa a La Limeña & Pisco Sour！
In the past 10 years, Peru has been recognized as one of the world's best culinary destinations. Causa a La Limeña is the formal name for Peru's national dish and Limeña comes from Lima. The brandy-like liquor Pisco Sour is an excellent appetizer to precede lunch or dinner.
Time & Location
Dec 13, 2020, 5:00 PM
About The Event
Join us wth Chef Ricardo in Peru! Beyond making delicious food for ourselves, part of the fee will go to support Chef Ricardo's initiatives of making meal, hot chocolate and a special Christmas bread called "paneton" that he will deliver on December 25th to the homeless people on the streets in Cuzco
1) Pisco Sour
2) Causa La Limeña
Special cooking Equipment:
- Mold or big cup
- Jigger and cocktail shaker but a blender would work too
- Egg white
- Ice Cubes
- Bitter Drops
- Yellow potatoes (Yukon gold is a good option)
- Small carrot
- Chicken breast (mushrooms for vegetarian version)
- Key limes
- Yellow pepper paste (fresh yellow pepper for making the paste or a chili pepper and a orange/yellow bell pepper to replace that sauce)
About Chef Ricardo Rivera & Peru under Pandemic
Ricardo is very passionate in Peruvian food and has been the main chef of different cooking studios in Cusco city for 4 years. He told us that the pandemic affects lots of people in Peru, 70% of jobs in Peru are informal, that means that most people work to live on a daily basis. Ricardo said,"if they don't work, they just don't eat." He used to work in cooking studios which are now closed down, but he keeps on exploing new way to spread the Peruvian food culture through online. He also uses his cooking skill with friends to make meals, hot chocolate and buy a special christmas bread called "paneton" to the homeless on the streets of Lima on December 25th especially for homeless people.
Ticket and logistics:
- Each household only needs 1 ticket.
- The ingredient list will be sent out 1 week prior to class.
- Zoom information will be provided 2 days before class.
- The class is non-refundable upon registration.
- Access to Chef Ricardo's cooking videos, learn more Peruvian dishes after class.
- Ticket type
+$0.75 service fee+$0.75 service fee